What is Yellow Dog UKTM?
The Yellow Dog Project was created to bring awareness to dogs who need space while training, recovering from surgery, or being rehabilitated.
If you see a dog with a YELLOW ribbon, bandanna or similar on the leash or on the dog, this is a dog which needs some space.
Why might a dog need space?
There are many reasons why a dog may need space. It may...
- have health issues
- be a rescue dog being rehabilitated. The world can be a very scary place for these dogs.
- have had a bad experience with another dog or is just not like the kind of friendly dogs which always want to say "Hi!"
- be a bitch may be in heat
- be in training
- be very old and arthritic
- be nervous or shy and other dogs cause it stress
In short, a yellow marker on a dog means it needs some space.